SUBSTITUTE TEACHER AIDE- CHARTER SCHOOLS OF ROCHESTER
POSITION: Substitute Teacher Aide
LOCATION OF POSITION: Various Locations- Charter Schools of Rochester
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: Per Diem or Long Term Options
STARTING DATE: As Need Presents
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Assist the classroom teacher by providing instructional services to students which may include working with students with disabilities individually, in small groups and/or test proctoring.
- Assist with general supervision of students in a multitude of settings including, but not limited to classroom, hallways, lunchroom and playground.
- Assist with classroom management of students and monitoring individual student behavior through crisis intervention by implementing positive behavior management strategies or others supported by the program.
- Work collaboratively with team members to effectively support all students in program assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with adults and students.
- Monitors and documents students progress
- Assists in arrival and dismissal of students in or outside of the building
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and one year paid or volunteer experience working with children, working in an educational setting, or working with people with disabilities -OR- A minimum of 30 college credit hours.
- Must be able to pass a background screen with the N.Y.S. Education Department.
- Physically able to perform all duties required