TES Staffing has partnered with a leading distributor of flooring, flooring supplies, coverings and adhesives. This company is headquartered in the northeast and services the entire east coast. We are actively looking for a Brach Manager to run this newly built warehouse. With unparalleled expertise, trusted partnerships and three generations of success, this is an incredible opportunity and company for the right candidate.
Salary: Depending on experience, starting at $60k. Direct hire, benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision. Basic / Voluntary Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment, Flexible Saving Account, Health Savings Account (HSA), Company Matched 401k Retirement Plan up to 4%, PTO, Sick time and EAP
Training Expectations: As the Rochester warehouse is a new location for the company, the Branch Manager will be expect to travel to the north east offices for training. All costs associated will be paid for by the Company.
The Branch Manager has overall responsibility for overseeing all daily operations and overall profitability of the branch. They will collaborate directly with the Director of Operations to grow and develop their branch.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
• Directly manages all the operational aspects day-to-day of the branch including safety, in-side sales, warehousing, and distribution. Leads and manages a team consisting of Counter Sales, Warehouse, and Driver employees.
• Responsible for sales functions including developing, maintaining, and growing walk-in customer
relationships and purchases, implementing upselling (mix) and add-on selling techniques with all branch customers, and post sales follow up activities.
• Assists with development and execution of marketing plans to support the penetration of key market segments in collaboration with our Sales and Operations teams and outside vendors.
• Coordinates and manages all sales promotion activities, merchandising and displays.
• Ensure all sales orders are placed with accuracy and scheduling of deliveries meets the required deadlines.
• Manages and leads the branch’s annual-bi-annual inventories, daily hard goods inventory cycle counts and maintains the inside sales counter and warehouse appearance.
• Manages all hard goods receiving and all dynamic deployment (hard goods inter-branch orders) for completion timely and daily.
• Monitors reports daily such as open order/delivery reports, billing and delivery block reports and open Purchase Order (PO) reports. Provides Daily Cash Reconciliation (DCR) ensuring daily completion addressing any issues prior to deposit.
• Manages branch operating expenses including overtime and office supplies. Works with corporate accounts receivable to manage branch credits and collections.
• Building a team and providing mentoring and leadership to all employees.
• Ensuring that all the branch employees always follow proper safety protocols.
• Reorders supplies as needed by coordinating with the Purchasing Team; receives and processes incoming material.
• Manages warehouse employees and initiates hiring, training, development, performance evaluations, coaching/counseling, disciplinary action, and termination processes as needed, with support of HR.
• Maintains warehouse vehicles & equipment by completing preventive maintenance & arranging for repairs as needed.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in the building or construction
management industry with a strong service-oriented background.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in employee management, including hiring, supervision, and coaching.
• Must be able to perform all functions in the warehouse when needed including, but not limited to, driving a forklift, loading, and unloading trucks, operating a pallet jack, and lifting to 50 pounds repetitively.
• Experience with MS Excel and Word required PowerPoint experience a plus.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills across all levels of the organization.
• Proven ability to lead in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong problem solving/solution orientation.