TES Staffing is working directly with a local, federally funded agency providing housing to low income families and seniors. At present, this organization employs approximately 214 people in various job classifications. Established in 1955, the organization is governed by its own Board of Commissioners, and is independent of the City of Rochester or other government entities.
We are actively seeking a professional Mail clerk to handle incoming, outgoing, and interoffice mail, using both manual and automated methods. The ability to work independently with minimal direction is key, strong attention to detail and a strong work ethic are musts!
Monday - Friday 8:30a-4:30p (35 hours/week)
Contract to possible hire
- Receives and processes mail;
- Sorts incoming mail and interoffice mail;
- Date-stamps incoming mail and places it in mailboxes for distribution;
- Delivers incoming and outgoing mail using a delivery cart;
- Processes outgoing mail, for both domestic and international delivery;
- Weighs mail and affixes postage either by hand or with a meter;
- Processes all incoming and outgoing envelopes and packages from services such as United Parcel Service, Federal Express, and overnight delivery;
- Prepares mailings by folding items and inserting them into envelopes or operating automated equipment;
- Performs routine maintenance on equipment such as folding machine, burster, and postage meter; Assists with storing office supplies;
- Assists with filing correspondence and other documents;
- Sends and receives faxes, performs departmental photocopying, and does basic computer data entry; Drives vehicle to make priority deliveries to various departments or the nearest Post Office.
- Knowledge of the US Postal Service's domestic mail manual and ZIP code directory;
- Knowledge of and ability to use spreadsheet software (Ex., MS Excel);
- Ability to use a personal computer;
- Ability to read and complete standard forms;
- Ability to perform arithmetic computations;
- Ability to organize and deal with varied workloads;
- Ability to read and interpret rules, regulations and procedures;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to deal tactfully with internal customers;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds; Skill in oral communication
High school diploma or Equivalent; AND One (1) year of experience working in a post office or mailroom; AND One (1) year of experience performing general clerical activities which included entering data into a personal computer.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Possession of a current valid NYS Class D Operator’s license. The license must be maintained throughout employment in this title