ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES/FUNCTIONS
QUALIFICATIONS & POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Provide instruction with the focus on teaching and learning to help assure students in each class successfully meet all course outcomes and classroom objectives.
- Participate in professional development activities.
- Fulfill administrative duties.
- Participate in campus-wide initiatives in support of recruitment, retention, and graduation goal attainment including, but not limited to, monitoring, adjusting (when needed), and assessing classroom and program retention/graduation, and meeting with program advisors on a regular basis to discuss student performance and academic concerns.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Master’s degree, in Allied health field, and a current nationally recognized certification or valid license. Example fields: OT, PT, Medical lab technologists, Clinical Lab Tech, medical records, respiratory therapists, and speech language pathologists, licensed M.D., nursing and a license and health care administration with a clinical background and license, CMA/RMA.
- Teaching experience preferred
- Discipline-specific workplace experiences a plus
- Possess and exhibit qualities of professionalism, integrity, self-esteem, self-motivation, and a strong desire to guide students to improve their career prospects.
Position requires standing or sitting in a stationary position as well as the occasional need to lift, carry, push and/or move objects up to 10 pounds. Position also requires the use of computer technology/equipment.