TERM OF EMPLOYMENT: July 7, 2022 - August 17, 2022 - Full Time and Part Time positions available. For all BOCES Programs Pre and Post summer trainings and set-up meetings as directed.
Mandatory Summer Set-Up Meetings:
June 8th = Creekside (BPA Unit + TES Staff), eSTART, O’Connor, and Transition/Employment
June 16th = Bird Morgan
DUTIES: (not all duties may be required as part of above named program)
1. Assist the classroom teacher in providing instructional services to students with disabilities individually, in small groups and/or test proctoring.
2. Assist with general supervision of students in a multitude of settings including, but not limited to classroom, hallways, lunchroom and playground.
3. Assist in classroom management of students and monitoring individual student behavior through crisis intervention by implementing positive behavior management strategies or others supported by the program.
4. Able to perform physical intervention techniques (Therapeutic Crisis Intervention) when necessary.
5. Assist in the preparation of classroom materials, projects, demonstrations and displays.
6. Assist in clerical and record keeping duties or other general housekeeping duties as directed by supervisor.
7. Utilize own special skills and abilities by assisting the instructional program in such areas as foreign language, arts, crafts, music, recreation, vocational or other similar subject areas – when requested/appropriate.
8. Must be able to use, or willing to learn basic computer skills including email.
9. Must be able to ride school bus with students and support students in community-based learning activities (work experience, field trips, vocational training).
10. May be required to transport self in personal vehicle to off campus community-based learning activities.
11. Must be able to assist students in therapeutic and/or traditional outside chlorinated pool.
12. Must be able to assist in self-help, personal care activities and mobility for students with disabilities.
13. May attend meetings.
14. Willing to continue on-going professional development in support of program placement.
15. Able to perform necessary physical activities.
16. Perform other duties related to specific programs.
1. Civil Service eligibility for Teacher Aide/Paraeducator required: Graduation from high school or possession of an equivalency diploma, plus EITHER:
A. One (1) year of full time or its part time paid or volunteer equivalent experience working in a clerical capacity; OR,
B. One (1) year of full time or its part time paid or volunteer equivalent experience working with children; OR,
C. Possession of a certificate of completion of a course of Child Care Through an occupational school, the American Red Cross or similar agency; OR,
D. A combination of experience as defined by the limits of (A), (B), and (C) above.
2. Work collaboratively with team members to effectively support all students in program assignments.
3. Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively communicate with adult and students.
4. Physically able to perform essential functions of the position (with or without reasonable accommodation) including, but not limited to:
• Physical intervention techniques.
• Supporting/transporting students in wheelchairs and/or providing assistance with transfer, ambulation and positioning.
• Escorting, walking with, or in some cases running after students in multiple settings such as in community based activities, nature walks and school buildings.
• Lifting and moving students are required in many programs.
5. Applicants must commit to the full 30-day Summer Program.
6. Mandatory attendance at orientation, date to be determined.
7. For applicants who are NOT current BOCES employees, must provide a copy of high
8. School diploma or general equivalency diploma (applications submitted without this documentation will not be considered).