TES Staffing is working directly with a local, federally funded agency providing housing to low income families and seniors. At present, this organization employs approximately 214 people in various job classifications. Established in 1955, the organization is governed by its own Board of Commissioners, and is independent of the City of Rochester or other government entities.
We are actively seeking a Clerical/Administrative professional to join this team. Qualified candidates will have proven success with Outlook and Excel in an administrative capacity. The ability to work independently with minimal direction is key, strong attention to detail and a strong work ethic are musts!
Monday - Friday 8:30a-4:30p (35 hours/week)
Contract to possible hire
- Types material from copy, rough drafts, dictation machine, or other instructions;
- Checks items being filed for completeness;
- Checks items, data or names in files for accuracy;
- Prepares and types correspondence on matters where policies and procedures are well defined; Creates and modifies documents using word processing software and personal computer;
- Enters data and runs reports, using database management software and personal computer;
- Greets individual visitors and refers them to the proper persons;
- Places calls and provides information over the phone;
- Transfers information from one file or other record to another by hand;
- Files, shelves or stores items (such as folders, books or other items) in accordance with file codes or classification symbols;
- Prepares new file folders;
- roofs, by comparing typed material with source material, and corrects or marks for correction as necessary;
- Cross references files.
Ability to maintain records and files
Ability to deal effectively with the public and office personnel.
High School diploma or GED Associates’ degree in secretarial science or office technology;
Two (2) years experience performing general clerical activities which included entering data into a personal computer.