TES Staffing is seeking qualified and professional substitute teachers for the upcoming 2020-2021 school year to work at a variety of different Charter Schools within the Rochester Area. Positions are available on a per-diem and full time substitute basis.
- Under the general supervision of building principals, assistant principals and/or their designee, and in as efficiently, safely and completely a manner possible, the substitute teacher provides continuity of quality instruction to students during the absence of the regular teacher.
- Follows, as completely as possible, established routines and procedures of the school and classroom to which is assigned and establishes and attempts to achieve classroom goals and objectives developed by the absent teacher.
- Must be willing and able to have teaching capabilities in all areas.
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions.
- Assumes responsibility for maintaining classroom discipline, not only while delivering curriculum, but also during lunch and recess periods when needed.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, students, and community.
- Maintain effective classroom management strategies, address the various learning styles of students, display problem-solving skills, cooperative negotiating skills, initiate conflict resolution strategies; and use classroom instructional time appropriately and wisely.
- In collaboration with school leadership, follow instructional program that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interest and abilities of students
- Assists the administration in creating an environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of students.
- Informs the absent teacher (via written communication) of classroom activities, i.e. work completed, homework assigned, any problems which occurred and methods used to solve them.
- Confers with colleagues, students and parents on a regular basis and works cooperatively with staff, superiors and community, as deemed necessary by supervisory staff.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Attends meetings and serves on staff committees as appropriate.
- Follows NY State Education Department's regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by school building administrators.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 1 year of related childcare/teaching experience
- Certified Teachers HIGHLY PREFERRED
- Must meet the physical demands of the position.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication.
- Must be willing to obtain criminal background check with NYSED (Clearance for Employment)