Summary of Responsibilities:
To implement the Head Start performance standards in the overall management of the classroom, including promoting social, physical, and intellectual growth, and providing a safe, healthy environment for the enrolled children.
Qualifications/Education and Experience:
- CDA (Infant/Toddler); AS or higher, in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or other related degree with a minimum of 12 credits in ECE including coursework related to Infants/Toddlers.
- A working level knowledge in the use of a personal computer, the ability maintain required records and conduct developmental screenings
- 1-2 years experience of classroom experience with Infants and Toddlers preferred
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with each child’s family to encourage their involvement in the program, promote parent-child bonding and nurture relationships, experience building strong parent-teacher relationships
- Must understand the development of curiosity, initiative, problem-solving skills and creativity in Infant and Toddlers, in depth knowledge of child development
- Requires the health and physical capability to work in a classroom environment
- Must possess and maintain a valid NYS Driver’s License and have access to reliable transportation
- Experience working as part of a teaching team
- Ability to receive clearance from NY State Central Registry
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccinations is a condition of employment.
All employees of ABC Early Childhood Services Division must receive, and maintain full clearance from the Office of Children and Family Services that allows them unsupervised contact with children. Any prospective or current employee who has an indication of child abuse maltreatment or neglect, or who cannot be left unsupervised with children, will not be hired or retained.
****This position is subject to the collective bargaining agreement****