TES Staffing is supporting Rochester's best and largest hospital and the Emergency Department.
We are actively looking for an Access Specialist for this fast paced department.
This is a contract to hire position, rotating across Day, Evenings and Night shifts totaling 36 hours/week.
Pay; $15+/ depending on experience.
Coordinates functions associated with visits to the Emergency Department. Monitor and ensure that all functions are completed in an accurate, efficient, and patient/customer friendly manner. Facilitate work flow in the department by supporting clinical staff.
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION EXERCISED:
Responsible for monitoring own performance on assigned tasks. Self-directed: must make complex decisions independently and assist staff in complex decision making. May coordinate the duties of less experienced support staff. May train peers and/or less experienced support staff.
MACHINES AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Standards office equipment including, but not limited to, telephone, fax machine, pneumatic tube system, copiers, personal computers, terminals, printers, scanners and credit card machines for point of service collection of co-pays. Must multi-task proficiently between Flowcast and eRecord, Epic systems. May use some clinic equipment.
TYPICAL DUTIES & (PERCENTS OF TIME SPENT ON EACH):
1. Reception and registration: Greets patients to initiate positive experience, requests patient identification, collects and verifies patient demographic and financial information. Initiates the ED medical/financial record; identifies forms needed for specific ED visit. Assemble ED charts for admissions and discharges; ensure all paperwork is completed and distributed appropriately. Performs duties and achieves and maintains proficiency in provision of excellent customer service, accuracy of data, and efficiency of work.
2. Performance analysis: coordinate daily efforts to edit and correct registration and billing errors during full registration process. Identify ways to reduce follow-up, repetitive or corrective work. Utilize Flowcast and eRecord programs to facilitate work flow; manage patient tracking system ensuring correct location of patients within ED.
3. Financial account management: Ensure that an accurate and complete full registration of the patient is completed prior to the discharge of the patient including insurance verification for new and self-pay patients. Follow up on hold bill report to facilitate reimbursement for Emergency Department services. Collect co-pays.
4. Customer interaction: Triage patient calls, assess the urgency of a situation and determine the appropriate action, serves as focal point for handling complaints. Answer incoming phone calls in communications center, routing calls as appropriate. Coordinate transportation for discharged or transferred patients as needed.
5. Other duties: Provide support for departmental activities including monitoring inventory of supplies and supply ordering. Perform other patient focused tasks, escorting patients, offering comfort items, witnessing consent signatures, fax charts, pull charts for QA audits or patient care ollow up, manage and stock forms and supplies, and requests from clinical staff.
High School diploma and 2.5 years related work experience, preferably in an Emergency Department setting; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Medical terminology experience preferred and demonstrated ability to type accurately. Demonstrated skills related to achievement of customer satisfaction. Ability to act as a resource to less experienced staff.