We are currently looking for Pack / Un-Pack Team Members who can make a difference in a seniors’ life by assisting our clients in making their move a simple and gentle transition.
We are looking for upbeat, high energy, cheery, organized, reliable individuals to assist these seniors with the entire relocation process. From sorting and downsizing, assisting the senior clients with tough decisions about what to take with them, to supervising the charity pick-up, to floor planning, to shopping for linens or furniture, to packing, to supporting and encouraging them as they leave their former homes, to unpacking and helping them settle into their new residences, we are there to assist them with this difficult transition and help reduce their stress.
General Summary of the Position:
Packs and unpacks client belongings, while working with the Senior Move Manager/Team Lead. May also assist client in making downsizing and sorting decisions that are appropriate for the individual client’s situation. WE ARE NOT THE MOVERS - we handle all the ancillary tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must adhere to and support project plan directed by the Senior Move Manager/Team Lead.
- Packs and unpacks client belongings into and from cartons or containers: Examines items for defects, such as cracked items, loosely sealed containers, or chips prior to packing.
- Seals and loads containers for moving with care to avoid damage or breakage.
- Consideration and care are provided to client and client’s goods at all times while working within the framework of the company’s ethic agreement.
- May work with client(s) to define specific needs that match the life stage of that client.
- May act as an advisor and identify problem areas, make recommendations for improvement and select appropriate solutions compatible with the client’s goals, attitude toward change, and expectation or need derived from decision alternatives.
- Availability to work up to 4+ days per week (Mon-Fri) between 9am-5pm. This is largely Per Diem, due to nature of the work. You will know your scheduled 1-2 weeks in advance, 10-30 hours a week
- This is the PERFECT job for a retiree, Freelance person or anyone looking to help.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and maintain physical activity throughout the work period
- Must have a valid Drivers Liscense
- Good Organizing skills
- Good listening skills
- Attention to Detail
- Must be a team player
- Positive attitude