Location: To be determined
Position: UPK/EPK Teacher (Temp)
Hours: 39.5 hrs/wk, 44 wks/yr
Salary Range: $22.13 -$23.95
Salary Grade: 10
Summary of Responsibilities:
To implement the Head Start Performance Standards in the overall management of the classroom, including promoting social, physical, and intellectual growth, providing a safe, healthy environment that is developmentally, linguistically and culturally appropriate. Responsible for oversight of assistant teacher and classroom volunteers.
Qualifications/Education and Experience:
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education and NYS Teacher Certification required for Head Start classrooms operated in partnership with the Rochester City School District
- One to two years-experience teaching in an early childhood setting
- Requires a working level knowledge of early childhood developmentally appropriate practices
- Requires administrative, analytical, evaluative and oral and written communication skills; and an aptitude for training and motivating people
- Requires proficiency in the use of a personal computer
- Requires the health and physical capability to work in an office or classroom, including sitting on floor or in child-sized chairs, bending, running, climbing stairs and to lift children weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Requires access to reliable transportation
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccinations is a condition of employment.
- ****This position is subject to the collective bargaining agreement****
- All employees of ABC Early Childhood Services Division must receive and maintain a full clearance from the Justice Center of New York and the Office of Children and Family Services that allows them unsupervised contact with children. Any prospective or current employee who has an indication of child abuse maltreatment or neglect, or who cannot be left unsupervised with children, will not be hired or retained.
The above description covers the principle functions of the job. It is not intended to be a complete listing of all the miscellaneous incidental or substantially similar duties, which may be assigned during normal or emergency operations.