One of Rochester's largest teaching hospitals is seeking Certified Medical Assistants to become active members of their float pool. If you have experience from a Primary Care, Specialty Office, or Urgent Care setting, this role could be for you!
- Full Time hours
- Competitive compensation
- No nights or weekends required
- Free parking at all offices
Associates Degree in Medical Assisting or Successful completion and certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
Minimum of one to two years of recent experience working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and/or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office (outpatient care preferred).
|Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Verify demographics/insurance coverage.
- Communicate effectively through electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Promptly and courteously respond to incoming phone traffic on multi-line phones through appropriate screening, routing and prioritization of calls.
- Establish and maintain professional interpersonal interactions with patients, families, physicians, supervisors and coworkers.
- Escort patients to examination rooms.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Set up for anticipated provider procedures and examinations.
- Perform screenings and tests per provider direction.
- Set-up equipment and instruments per office protocol.
- Clean and maintain exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Return patient calls per direction of provider.
- Perform quality assurance and CLIA waived testing as directed.
- Comply with standard HIPAA, OSHA and JCAHO regulations.
Strong communication skills- verbal and written
Medical Assistant Certificate
Ability to work independently and on a team