SUBSTITUTE LUNCH ROOM AIDE-ROCHESTER CITY SCHOOL DISTRICT
Lunch Room Aide
LOCATION OF POSITION:
Rochester City School District; Various Locations
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
On Call Substitutes/Per Diem
As Need Presents
- Deliver bagged lunches and breakfast to students in their classroom
- Assemble lunches based on product delivered to school
- Prepare bagged breakfast for daily delivery
- Communicates with students and school staff in a positive and professional manner utilizing appropriate customer service and interpersonal skills. Appropriate language must be used when working with children.
- Follow any additional direction that is deemed necessary and relevant to the lunchroom by Cafe Supervisor(s) or School Admin staff at designated school(s) to ensure that the safety, health, and supervision of students is being upheld.
- Light duty cleaning including but not limited to sweeping floors, emptying trash bins, and wiping down lunch tables.
- Must be able to physically perform all job duties without restrictions-Work is typically performed when walking or standing. Frequent walking, standing, lifting, up to approximately 15 pounds, and occasional lifting of equipment weighing up to approximately 25 pounds may be required Other physical activities are required, such as, but not limited to bending, stooping, reaching, and grasping. Occasional movement of students by wheelchairs and other mechanical devices may be required.
- Must have professional experience working with children, or working in an educational setting.
- Vocal English communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels. Spanish is a plus!
- Visual sharpness is required for monitoring and determining needs of students.
- Good Communication skills, and mature judgement is required-Lunchroom monitors are in daily contact with teachers, students, administration, the general public, and other work related personnel. The ability to handle complaints, express a service-oriented attitude, and work cooperatively with others is essential. Must be able to communicate and follow direction.
- Must complete background check through NYSED in order to work in schools.