One of Rochester's largest teaching hospitals is seeking Certified Medical Assistants to become active members of their float pool. If you have experience from a Primary Care, Specialty Office, or Urgent Care setting, this role could be for you!
- Full Time hours
- Temp to hire
- No nights or weekends required
- Free parking at all offices
Associates Degree in Medical Assisting or Successful completion and certification from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
Minimum of one to two years of recent experience
|Duties include but not limited to the following:
- Verify demographics/insurance coverage.
- Communicate effectively through electronic medical record (EMR) system.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Promptly and courteously respond to incoming phone traffic on multi-line phones through appropriate screening, routing and prioritization of calls.
- Establish and maintain professional interpersonal interactions with patients, families, physicians, supervisors and coworkers.
- Escort patients to examination rooms.
- Obtain and record vital signs.
- Set up for anticipated provider procedures and examinations.
- Perform screenings and tests per provider direction.
- Set-up equipment and instruments per office protocol.
- Clean and maintain exam/procedure rooms, instruments, and equipment between patient visits to maintain infection control.
- Return patient calls per direction of provider.
- Perform quality assurance and CLIA waived testing as directed.
- Comply with standard HIPAA, OSHA and JCAHO regulations.
working in a medical facility as a medical assistant and/or documented evidence of externship completed in a medical office (outpatient care preferred).
Strong communication skills- verbal and written
Medical Assistant Certificate
Ability to work independently and on a team