TES Staffing is thrilled to be partnering yet again one of the biggest, progressive and exciting Commercial Real Estate firms in Rochester. This company is literally changing the landscape of Rochester- and this is an amazing opportunity to join them!
Located downtown, we are looking for an experienced Building Engineer
whose responsibilities will include the operation, maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs to a “Class A” mixed use residential and commercial high-rise office building. Must have working knowledge of all building mechanical, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, life safety, fire protection and security systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions that are out of the ordinary.
Direct Hired, based on experience starting at $80k
401k (with match and profit share), Medical, Dental, Life Insurance and PTO available
5+ years experience in building operations, engineering and equipment and systems maintenance with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory role
Ability to handle multiple projects and make decisions.
Knowledge and understanding of blueprints.
Possession of Driver’s License.
Strong customer service, communication and computer skills.
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe conditions, ensure safety and well-being of all the building tenants.
- Conduct periodic general preventative maintenance on the mechanical, electrical, HVAC, and plumbing systems. These systems include; air handling units (including both rooftop and built-up units), re-circulating air systems, water pumping systems, cooling plant and all plumbing system components.
- Assist with installation and modification of building equipment systems.
- Respond quickly to emergency situations- ability to be on call 24/7
- Perform and/or oversee electrical and plumbing repair and troubleshooting.
- Perform and/or oversee water treatment and testing.
- Perform all assigned work to ensure the safety of the building's tenants and the continuous operation of the site.
- Prioritize service calls and follow-up upon completion.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and recommend equipment/service upgrades
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractors and technicians when work cannot be performed in-house. Coordinate contractor, tenant and management approvals for work orders that require the use of an outside contractor. Maintains log of work order details.
- Order parts and supplies as required and maintains stock and inventory control.
- Work with Building Manager in planning and controlling annual and capital budgets.
- Be responsive to tenant complaints in the areas of safety, plumbing, mechanical, electrical and environmental needs through both personal contact and work order systems.
- Prepare and maintain maintenance logs and records.
- Experience in commissioning new construction.
- Experience operating in and managing within a retail environment.
- Be familiar with and conform to all written operating procedures associated with site.