Our client, an egalitarian, private and pluralistic Jewish day school, offering a full day program for all students from Kindergarten through Eighth grade is actively seeking an experienced Executive Assistant reporting directly to the Head of School. The ideal candidate provides confidential, consistent and professional support to the Head of of school, Dean of Students and Faculty, and supports the administrative team as well.
This is a contact to hire position. Upon permanent hire, benefits include two weeks’ vacation, medical and dental insurance as well as access to an EAP program.
Starting pay is $17/hr, hours of work are 8:30a-4:30p and will require a Finger Print clearance from New York State.
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Front office support, including, but not limited to answering phones, taking messages, directing calls, coordinating general school office operations, and greeting and attending to school visitors, school staff, and student requests.
- Provides creative oversight in effectively and precisely keeping school data, managing school projects, the H.O.S.’s calendar, school event management, and increasing the schools’ positive perception within the local community.
- Possessing excellent organizational, writing, and editing skills and an ability to anticipate the needs of the office.
- This individual must possess a thorough understanding of a Jewish community day school philosophy of education and the mission of the school
- Develop and implement strategies to uphold the school’s mission and meet the school’s annual goals with the school’s administrative and board teams.
- Manage all areas of the administrative team and board’s calendars and correspondence
- Takes initiative to make the work of the head, assistant head, and board more efficient.
- Coordinate outreach and marketing activities in conjunction with the Head of School, Director of Community Engagement & Enrollment, and Director of Institutional Advancement.
- Bachelor’s Degree (preference for college degree in management, administrative or customer service)
- 2 years previous experience and/or training secretarial or clerical work, or any equivalent combination of related education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Clear criminal background check
- Verification of health to perform job or drug testing (option if requested by school)
- Valid driver's license