Bilingual (Spanish/English) Para Professional Substitutes
LOCATION OF POSITION:
Rochester City School District; Various Locations
- Bilingual Para Professionals must demonstrate proficiency in speaking, reading and writing in English AND Spanish.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Assist the classroom teacher in providing instructional services to Spanish speaking students including some that have disabilities.
- Assist with general supervision of students in multitude of settings including but not limited to classroom, hallways lunchroom and playground
- Assist in classroom management of students and monitoring individual student behavior through crisis intervention by implementing positive behavior management strategies or other policies support by the program
- Assist in the prep of classroom materials, projects, demonstrations and displays
- Assist in clerical or general housekeeping duties per teacher in classroom or administrative staff
- Utilize one’s own special skills and abilities by assisting the instructional program in such areas as foreign language, arts, crafts, music, recreation, vocational or other similar subject areas
- Must be able to use or be willing to learn basic computer skills including email
- Depending on assignment must be able to assist in self-help, personal care activities and mobility for students with disabilities
- Perform other duties related to specific programs
- This position may be on an as needed basis each day.
- Must be able to physically perform all job duties without restrictions.Work is typically performed when walking or standing. Frequent walking, standing, lifting, up to approximately 25 pounds. Other physical activities are required, such as, but not limited to bending, stooping, reaching, and grasping. Escorting, walking with, or in some cases running after students in multiple settings such as in community based activities, nature walks and school buildings. Occasional transporting/moving of students by wheelchairs and other mechanical devices may be required.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check and obtain NYSED Certificate for Employment Clearance. (TES will assist interested employees with obtaining clearance certificate)