Our client, a non for profit organization in the city of Rochester, has been provided services to people and families of Rochester for over 50 years.
We are urgently seeking an Intake Facilitator for the Emergency & Family Services program.
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8a-5pm (40 hours/week)
Length: 8 weeks, through end of 2019
Provides immediate emergency assistance to households in crisis throughout Monroe County. EFS
Intake Facilitators also provide crisis case management services to offer families and individuals holistic support.
Assistance provided includes:
· Vouchers to area supermarkets for food and personal items
· Food bags, Personal Hygiene Bags, Prescription Assistance, Bus Passes, Clothing Assistance, Crisis Assessment and Management, and many other resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct the opening and closing procedures of the EFS Program area in a timely manner.
- Verify all clients’ identification and documentation in determining eligibility status for program benefits
- Inform clients of eligibility status and arrange for client to be seen by a social worker.
- Maintain and update client files.
- Perform data entry, copying, faxing and filing duties.
- Effectively address disruptive and verbally abusive clients.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations is essential. The ability to work in a continually changing and challenging environment is required.
- Inform supervisor when potentially serious situations are anticipated and follow-up with incident reports as necessary.
- Complete all necessary electronic and hard copy records, as well as any statistical reports as determined by current procedures.
- Work with supervisor in monitoring the number of clients seen daily in the program.
Other duties as assigned.