SUBSTITUTE TA- EAST IRONEQUOIT CENTRAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
POSITION: Substitute TA
LOCATION OF POSITION:
East Irondequoit Central School District
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
September 2023-June 2024
$15.00 / hour
- Assist the classroom teacher by providing instructional services to students which may include working with students with disabilities individually, in small groups and/or test proctoring.
- Assist with general supervision of students in a multitude of settings including, but not limited to classroom, hallways, lunchroom and playground.
- Assist with classroom management of students and monitoring individual student behavior through crisis intervention by implementing positive behavior management strategies or others supported by the program.
- Assist with the preparation of classroom materials, projects, demonstrations and displays.
- Assist with clerical and record keeping duties or other general housekeeping duties as directed by supervisor.
- Utilize own special skills and abilities by assisting the instructional program in such areas as foreign language, arts, crafts, music, recreation, vocational or other similar subject areas – when requested/appropriate.
- Must be able to use, or willing to learn basic computer skills including email.
- Must be able to ride school bus with students and support students in community-based learning activities (work experience, field trips, vocational training).
- Must be able to assist in self-help, personal care activities and mobility for students with disabilities.
- Able to perform necessary physical activities.
- Perform other duties related to specific programs.
- Work collaboratively with team members to effectively support all students in program assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with adults and students.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and one year paid or volunteer experience working with children, working in an educational setting, or working with people with disabilities -OR- A minimum of 30 college credit hours.
- Must be able to pass a background screen with the N.Y.S. Education Department.
- Physically able to perform all duties required of the position