TES Staffing is supporting a major Rochester hospital system and their busy cancer center. We are actively seeking candidates with medical clerical and/or scheduling experience to join this dynamic team.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join a team that offers training, support and a solid career path backed by an exceptional hospital.
- Monday - Thursday (8:00a to 4:30p), Friday (8:00a to 12:30p)
- Pay: $17-$23/hr
- Full medical benefits after a successful probationary period
A productive Medical Secretary will have the primary responsibility is to ensure, organize, and maintain an active, accurate, and operational surgery and procedural schedule. Excellent customer service, phone and computer skills are required
- Managing patient’s medical records
- Scheduling patient appointments
- Respond to calls, emails, complaints, and queries that patients might have
- Check patients In and out of appointments
- Obtain authorizations for imaging, testing, and infusion medications
- Assist patients with the information necessary to pay all medical charges
- Receive all needed medical records and history from patients
- Sort and distribute incoming and outgoing mail to all necessary parties
- Order office supplies and log information on any issue that is urgent.
- Work experience in the health care sector with at least 6 months of medical terminologies experience
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to learn quickly
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet applications
- Attention to details
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Good working ethics and ability to treat documents with confidentiality
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also take initiatives when the need arises.