TES Staffing is partnering with a well known, successful law office in Rochester, New York. Our client practices in collections, foreclosure, and real estate law throughout New York. We are actively looking for a professional, resilient, and motivated person to join their team as a Paralegal.
As a Paralegal on the Retail Collections Department, you will work directly with Attorneys, Litigation Paralegals and Collection Assistants within the firm’s practice. This individual will be responsible for preparing the initial, lienholder and final demand letters for delinquent creditors as well as update and send current status reports. The Collection Paralegal will also be responsible for non-judicial proceedings. In addition, they will review and finalize the payment arrangements with debtors (prepared by the collection assistant), assist in negotiating payment plans and update account information as needed. The Collection Paralegal will be responsible for the billing of all work products, including the attorney’s time.
- Prepare initial demand letters (review account setup, amount due, review contract, etc)
- Prepare final demand letters
- Prepare Notices of Unpaid Invoices and Other Charges
- Prepare payment plan default letters
- Prepare file for lawsuit (Appraisal District search/report, Social Security search, Bankruptcy (Pacer) search and review account statements)
- Perform general electronic research
- Telephone conferences and e-mail correspondence with association managers
- Review/respond to incoming telephone calls and e-mails from debtors and clients
- Determine Amounts Due
- Prepare new referrals for the collection process
- Coordinate with the Collection Assistant, Litigation Paralegal and Bankruptcy Department to make ensure all accounts have been updated for the collection status report. Timely prepare, create and send out the collection status reports to clients on assigned associations.
- This individual will work with a team of paralegals. Excellent writing, proofreading, communication and organizational skills are essential to manage workflow.
- Direct Hire- Monday – Friday 8a-5.
- Pay: Entry level starting at $14.50/hr, salary will be higher with experience
- Full medical benefits, PTO, 401k with a match, and a great learning experience.
- Associate Degree in Paralegal Studies is required
- Compliance with all debt collection laws and regulations, preferred, but if not, will teach you
- Ability to handle intensive training program with a rapid learning curve
- Able to pass a background check