Located in Fairport, our client has been providing exceptional care to seniors since 1997. They provide a complete array of senior support services, housing and living options— including independent and assisted living, skilled nursing and rehabilitation.
We are looking for a committed and reliable Maintenance Assistant to join the team in a contract to hire capacity.
: Monday - Friday 8a-4p
Contract to hire. Health benefits available upon perm hire!
The purpose of this job position is to perform the day-to-day activities of the Environmental Services Department in accordance with current Federal, State and local standards, guidelines and regulations, and Homes' established policies and procedures, as such may be directed by the Director of Environmental Services to assure that our facility is maintained in a sanitary, safe and comfortable manner.
- Arrange furniture according to diagrams.
- Responsible for keys throughout the Homes.
- Mark and store deliveries appropriately.
- Answer pages.
- Assist Funeral Director.
- Program set up and take down.
- Oxygen delivery to floors.
- Floor care in kitchen and pantry areas.
- Mop floors throughout the building.
- Strip and wax the floors.
- Clean stairwells.
- Move furniture as needed.
- Vacuum carpeted areas.
- Shampoo carpets as directed.
- Mix chemical cleaners as directed.
- Maintain machinery.
- Collect trash.
- Collect, sort and dispose of commercial recyclable products.
- Collect and prepare hazardous medical waste for shipment.
- Clean and maintain all trash receptacles.
- Clean equipment and areas as assigned.
- Transport clean linen carts.
- Clean floor mats
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with interdepartment personnel as well as other departments within the facility to assure that the needs of Residents are met.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices