Our client, a Medical Device Company that has been in business since 1986 and still growing, has several openings across their most important departments.
This organization offers excellent medical benefits, competitive PTO and compensation and an incredibly collaborative and smart culture.
If you are a person who pays attention to detail, can show up to work every day with a good attitude, and appreciates stability and loyalty in the work place- this is the opportunity for you!
Job Title: Facilities Custodian
- Operate custodial equipment, supplies, and chemicals in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
- Performs building inspections to ensure building security.
- Operates various types of equipment and machinery, which include wet vacuums, hand trucks, vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, floor buffers, automatic scrubbers, etc.
- Cleans buildings by sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, sealing, buffing, washing rooms, vacuuming, washing surfaces, etc.
- Occasionally removes snow and ice.
- Clean/stock all restrooms and janitorial closet.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Follows instructions and consistently demonstrate compliance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED
• 1-2 years custodian/janitor or cleaning experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Knowledge of the English language so as to understand operating instructions for cleaning equipment and materials and safety and accident prevention.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
• Ability to willingly attend and participate in training sessions.
• Ability to learn and practice acceptable cleaning methods.
• Interact positively with customers, co-workers and associates