TES Staffing is looking for mature adults who are passionate about working with today’s youth in a school setting as a Substitute Teacher Aide for the East Irondequoit Central School District. TES Staffing is East Irondequoit Central School District Premier staffing partner, if you are interested in getting involved and getting your foot in the door with one of Monroe County's best school district please review requirements below and apply today!
Substitute Teacher Aide
East Irondequoit Central School District
As Needed Basis/On Call Basis (0-32 hours per week); Monday through Friday
7:30-2:20 or 8:30-3:15
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
On Call Substitutes for 2019-2020 School Year
- Assist the classroom teacher by providing instructional services to students which may include working with students with disabilities individually, in small groups and/or test proctoring.
- Assist with general supervision of students in a multitude of settings including, but not limited to classroom, hallways, lunchroom and playground.
- Assist with classroom management of students and monitoring individual student behavior through crisis intervention by implementing positive behavior management strategies or others supported by the program.
- Assist with the preparation of classroom materials, projects, demonstrations and displays.
- Assist with clerical and record keeping duties or other general housekeeping duties as directed by supervisor.
- Utilize own special skills and abilities by assisting the instructional program in such areas as foreign language, arts, crafts, music, recreation, vocational or other similar subject areas – when requested/appropriate.
- Must be able to use, or willing to learn basic computer skills including email.
- Must be able to ride school bus with students and support students in community-based learning activities (work experience, field trips, vocational training).
- Must be able to assist in self-help, personal care activities and mobility for students with disabilities.
- Able to perform necessary physical activities.
- Perform other duties related to specific programs.
- Work collaboratively with team members to effectively support all students in program assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with adults and students.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and one year paid or volunteer experience working with children, working in an educational setting, or working with people with disabilities -OR- A minimum of 30 college credit hours.
- Must be able to pass a background screen with the N.Y.S. Education Department.
- Physically able to perform all duties required of the position including, but not limited to:
- Supporting/transporting students in wheelchairs and/or providing assistance with transfer, ambulation and positioning.
- Escorting, walking with, or in some cases running after students in multiple settings such as in community based activities, nature walks and school buildings.
- Lifting and moving students is required in many programs; must be physically capable of performing these functions.