Our client, a Medical Device Company that has been in business since 1986 and still growing, has several openings across their most important departments.
If you are a person who pays attention to detail, can show up to work every day with a good attitude, and appreciates stability and loyalty in the work place- this is the opportunity for you!
Job Title: Facilities Custodian
Pay: $13.00 per hour
- Operate custodial equipment, supplies, and chemicals in a safe and effective manner.
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
- Performs building inspections to ensure building security.
- Operates various types of equipment and machinery, which include wet vacuums, hand trucks, vacuum cleaners, carpet extractors, floor buffers, automatic scrubbers, etc.
- Cleans buildings by sweeping, dusting, mopping, scrubbing, sealing, buffing, washing rooms, vacuuming, washing surfaces, etc.
- Occasionally removes snow and ice.
- Clean/stock all restrooms and janitorial closet.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Follows instructions and consistently demonstrate compliance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or GED.
• 1-2 years custodian/janitor or cleaning experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Working knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment.
• High level of attention to detail.
• Knowledge of the English language so as to understand operating instructions for cleaning equipment and materials and safety and accident prevention.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
• Ability to willingly attend and participate in training sessions.
• Ability to learn and practice acceptable cleaning methods.
• Interact positively with customers, co-workers and associates