TES Staffing is looking for mature adults who are passionate about working with today’s youth in a school setting as a Substitute Teacher Aide for the Charter School's of Rochester. If you are interested in getting involved and getting your foot in the door with one of some amazing Charter Schools in Rochester please review requirements below and apply today!
JOB DESCRIPTION :
- Assist the classroom teacher by providing instructional services to students which may include working with students with disabilities individually, in small groups and/or test proctoring.
- Assist with general supervision of students in a multitude of settings including, but not limited to classroom, hallways, lunchroom and playground.
- Assist with classroom management of students and monitoring individual student behavior through crisis intervention by implementing positive behavior management strategies or others supported by the program.
- Must be able to assist in self-help, personal care activities and mobility for students with disabilities.
- Work collaboratively with team members to effectively support all students in program assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively and appropriately communicate with adults and students.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and one year paid or volunteer experience working with children, working in an educational setting, or working with people with disabilities -OR- A minimum of 30 college credit hours.
- Must be able to pass a background screen with the N.Y.S. Education Department.
- Physically able to perform all duties required