Our client, one of Rochester's most respected Accounting and Consulting firms is actively seeking a Tax Accountant to join their team. With a foundation in accounting and tax compliance services, we are looking for someone who can become a partner and resource to clients, a valuable team member and a long term fit.
This firm is run by passionate and like minded people who have a commitment to their clients and their business. This office is set up for success; with a gym, fully stocked kitchen and creative spaces, it's no surprise they are the leaders in town.
Full time, Direct Hire Tax Accountant
Pay; Negotiable based on experience, $50k+
At Minimum - BS in Accounting
For Senior level - CPA
- Preparing tax statements, financial statements at required intervals
- Creating and returning statements and documents to clients by set deadlines
- Researching tax laws and regulations
- Completing various corporate tax returns
- Providing assistance during tax audits
- Responding to notices from tax authorities
- Preparing business income tax returns and statements for audits
- Assisting in financial planning
- Regularly reviewing systems and making updates and improvements where necessary
- Engaging regularly with clients and maintaining strong relationships
- Identifying areas where clients and businesses can reduce tax, make claims and increase profit
- Possessing strong knowledge of tax law and statutory regulations
- Understanding financial landscape and market trends
Qualified Candidates should:
- Posses a strong communication and analytical skills.
- Expected to stay up to date with industry and government regulations.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Individuals who have earned a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) or accreditation, such as certified public accountant (CPA) will also be considered
- Enjoy a fun, challenging and busy work environment